Internship - Program Development and Social Media Positions
If you are looking for a dynamic entrepreneurial environment to thrive and experience the work of a fast growing social enterprise, LDI Africa is the right choice for you. LDI Africa is a nonprofit social enterprise with an international reach. By working with us you will be able to learn all aspects of our organization in and out, diversifying your skill and expertise by participating in new and innovative projects. You will be able to have a lasting impact, explore your talents and skills and your professional career.
- Development — Support LDI Africa's fundraising campaign strategy: crowdfunding, grant applications, corporate sponsorship and donor research.
- Database and website management — Build and maintain existing systems for newsletter subscribers using tools like MailChimp, SalesForce and Virtual Response. Also ensure the website and related social media pages are kept up to date.
- Strategy — Lead the organization's overarching social media strategy, setting clear goals that will support more LDI Africa campaigns efforts as well as telling the organization's story. This including implementing the ongoing Fellow Chronicles and Partner Spotlight Series.
- Innovation — Know best practices, but also experiment with and innovate new ways of using Social Media networks to make an impact.
- Analytic — Manage systems to monitor activity across our social media channels, assess our impact, and evaluate the success of our strategy; regularly update other staff about our performance
- Quality control and risk management — Implement systems to prevent distribution of content that is inaccurate, inappropriate, or poses a reputation risk
- We want technologically savvy candidates who are able to work in a team as well as independently
- Candidates must be located in the Washington DC Metro Area
- Nonprofit/Social enterprise experience, and experience in a domestic or international volunteer service program will be an asset
- Must have a personal computer
- Must be able to commit at least 20 hours a week
How to apply
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume Johnfirstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the following - in the subject line <Your Name and the position you are applying>, Your cover letter should include the start and end dates and hours you are available to work. We have multiple projects going on so we are very interested in candidates who can start as soon as possible.
Volunteer / Ambassador
LDI Africa is seeking ambassadors to help promote the program, prospective hosts organizations and Fellows through their networks, social media, newsletters and press releases or financial contributions.