Gbenga Ogunjimi came to U.S. as part of a State Department sponsored fellowship in 2011. He has in the subsequent years distinguished himself as a thought leader in the field of emerging markets and built two dynamic social ventures - LDI Africa and GO Global INC. LDI Africa has engaged 500+ leaders from U.S. corporations such as IBM, Yahoo and Deloitte in direct service in over 10 African countries. Through GO Global INC., Gbenga started the Tell Your Story Series hosted in collaboration with The Foundation Center, Impact Hub and local financial institutions. In these professional development workshops corporate executives from across the U.S. are given the tools to establish their personal brand through storytelling.
He is looking for a Chief of Staff Fellow to partner with him to amplify the impact of these two social enterprises. The Fellow will work directly with Gbenga, taking on many responsibilities within these two organizations as well as assisting with Gbenga’s public speaking engagements and writing.
Together, you and Gbenga will partner on leading and executing:
GO Global INC: The personal brand for Gbenga Ogunjimi with portfolios that include:
GO Investing, an impact fund that provides seed capital for early-stage entrepreneurs based in the Washington DC metro area.
GO Speaks, through its Tell Your Story series runs storytelling workshops across the country.
GO Coaching providing integrated life coaching program for businesses and executives in brand identity transitions.
LDI Africa: A social enterprise matching global talent with local opportunities in Africa. LDI Africa having established its presence in the international volunteer service space is now deepening its local impact in the United States. To this end we launching two major US based programs in 2017:
- Public Service Accelerator- a leadership pipeline to bridge the gap of talent of African diaspora professionals in the US public service institutions.
- African Immigrant Center – to support newly arrived African immigrants in the DC metro area with the resources for self-sufficiency and cultural sensitive transition.
Thought Leadership: Gbenga is a writer and contributor to the Huffington Post and regular conference speaker. You will help his communication strategy and help him share his ideas with the world related with purpose-driven work, emerging markets, smart philanthropy and transformational leadership.
- Goals: Facilitate goal-setting processes for Gbenga to set and prioritize goals spanning GO Global Inc, LDI Africa and other endeavors.
- Information: Synthesizing information from Gbenga’s inbox, tasks, and meetings into executive summaries to prioritize and action the most leveraged items.
- Actionable Research: researching topics ranging from finding contractors and advisors to understanding new methods of effectiveness, as well as completing research, such as minor due diligence and market research
- Content: Write and edit for social media, long form, emails, and any other writing needs, as well as implement an effective, cost-efficient video production process.
- Time Management: research and implement best practices on time management and leadership from thought and industry leaders
- Strong social enterprise interest or experience
- Based in the Washington DC Metro area with the ability to travel to offices in Downtown DC and Anacostia 2-3 days/week.
- Extremely good communication and people skills
- Organized, strategic and detail-oriented
- Excellent understanding of the big picture, ability to extract the most important information
- Familiarity with collaborative tools such as Social Media, Google Drive and SquareSpace
Fellow must commit to 6 months of direct service LDI Africa and GO Global INC. Fellow will be expected to work 20-25 hours per week including staffing events.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
- Fellow would receive small stipend.
- Transportation costs will be covered.
- You will also have the option to enroll in GO Coaching program for the entire fellowship. GO Advance Coaching program is valued at $6,000.
- Opportunity to be coached by Gbenga and experience the growth curve of two innovative social enterprises.
Email your resume and a cover letter stating why you believe you will be a right fit for this position. Email application to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Application deadline is May 1, 2017